Monday, March 24, 2008

First Showers...

I am happy. Very very happy. For reasons that I know not. Nothing different happened in the day so far. Went to office early morning. Just came back after a day long work. Opened the balcony doors. Changed into comfortable clothes and checked the orkut scraps, the first thing I do after switching on the laptop. Despite everything being as the daily routine I feel happy. It has nothing to do with the long weekend that passed by. It also is not related to the fact that today I did not have much work at office since it was the Melbourne holiday. Even the packet which I got from my colleague who just returned from Jaipur cannot be the reason for this happy feeling.

But sitting here I can smell something very close to my heart. A smell that I love and I get to smell every year for few months. I can hear the swooshing of leaves outside. I can also hear the 'tip tip' sound at a distance and then sudden burst of noise as if someone is pouring buckets of water from terrace. This sound and smell is constantly in the background while I continue doing my daily chores. I have switched on the music on radio and some happy number is playing in the background as if aware of my mood. I like the current solitude though I also wait for my husband to be home with me. I am happy. Thats all I can say. I feel that everyone around me is happy. The world is a good place. I am thankful for the gift of life. I want to laugh for no reason. I want to sing all happy songs. Music is sounding more magical than before. I want to fly and dance, Fly in the sky and dance in the rains. I et reminded of the song 'Bhaage re man kahin bhaage re man kahin jaane kidher jaanu na..'.

Yesss! This is what monsoon does to me. I am happy. That's the only feeling I have. I love seeing the rain drops fall as if synchronizing the entire world. I love the way everything becomes fresh in an instant. The freshness is infectious! I like the monsoon green. I also love the mud puddles formed on the road. I feel like looking indefinitely through my balcony to the falling rains and the movements of trees. The variation with which it falls. My mind is blank. Not really. It's filled with happiness. This is no exaggeration. I love it! Whatever I takeup now is done with a smile :)
I want to get drenched. I want to shout out loud as I cannot contain my happiness. I want to play with kids. I want to go on a loong drive. I want to sip tea and read a novel. I want to watch a movie while glancing through the window in between and smiling seeing the rains outside. I want to sit in CCD and sip coffee and have long talks about nothing and everything. I want to be near a riverside. I want to go on treks. I feel nostalgic about the Mumbai treks. I miss the Nariman point of Mumbai. The Worli seaface where I would sit for hours and watch people around. I want to go back to Mumbai. This monsoon, I want to do everything that I enjoy.. I want this season to last forever..

Bliss! Complete bliss! And the 2008 bliss has already begun.. Cheers!

No comments: